Skip to Main Content Skip to Footer Toggle Navigation Menu menu

Student Accounts FAQs

Student Accounts Office FAQs

Q. What if I haven't received a tuition billing statement?
A. If you haven't received a current Tuition-Billing Statement and you believe you should have:
Linfield is partnered with Nelnet Campus Commerce for Student Account online information. As a Linfield student, you have access to your statement online on your Nelnet Student Account Portal   You can refer to the Accessing your Statement section of the Student Accounts webpage for additional information. 

Q. Where do I find information about student health insurance?
A. PacificSource is the student medical insurance carrier for Linfield University.  Please review the Student Insurance Information page for further details on the student insurance plan.  

Q. How do I waive my student health insurance to get the charge removed from my bill?
A. Students MUST waive the insurance online via Etreive, for the charge to be removed from their billing statement, by the semester waiver deadlines. This includes dependent students of Linfield employees taking credit hours. For more information regarding the Student Health Insurance and policies regarding waiving please refer to the Student Health Insurance section.

Q. Does Linfield offer Tuition Insurance Protection for unexpected leaves from the college?
A. Yes, Linfield does offer a Tuition Insurance Protection Plan Tuition Insurance Protection plan for any student who wants to enroll in the plan to help cover unexpected costs associated with medical or general leaves from the college.  

Q. Can I set up a payment plan with Linfield University to pay my Student Account?
A. Linfield University does not have a payment plan of it's own. Linfield has contracted with Nelnet to administer our payment plan options.  If you are interested in a payment plan, please visit our Paying your Tuition Bill page and go to Tuition Payment Options for more information about payment plans.

Q. Do you accept payment of tuition by Credit Card?
A. The Student Accounts Office is unable to accept debit or credit cards in person or over the phone.  However, you can pay with a debit/credit card online via your Nelnet Student Account Portal.  For additional credit card and online payment options and details, please refer to our Paying Online Section.

Q. What meal plan should I get?
A. Incoming freshmen and transfer students have to use Meal Plan A for the Fall 2018 Semester. This can be adjusted after the fall term. You will need to contact Student Affairs if you would like to change your meal plan or if you have questions regarding the meal plan charges. Student Affairs 503-883-2278. For information regarding your meal plan options go to: Linfield Dining Services.

Q. How do I get my 1098-T tax form?
A. Please refer to the 1098-T Section of our webpage. 

Q. If I have overpaid and should have a refund coming, when should I expect it?
A. Normally it will take about 3 business days AFTER the drop period ends for a refund to be established (Week 3 of the term). It then takes about 1-2 weeks for the account to be reviewed, and the refund to be processed and issued. Please sign in at the Nelnet Student Account Portal to review your Refund Preferences. You will need to select how you would like the funds to be disbursed to you. If you do not select a preference the default is for a check to be mailed to you, which could delay when you receive your funds.

Q. How do I make a Perkins, (SAR) Collections or (NSL) Nursing loan payments?
A. Please go to ECSI to sign in or register through your Firefox or Google Chrome browser. If you haven't signed in before, you will need your Heartland Key Number which is provided by Heartland.  If you have any questions contact Heatland ECSI customer services at 1-888-549-3274.  You can also contact the Loans Receivable Coordinator in the Student Accounts Office directly at 503-883-2461 or email at and Marcy McCune can help answer any questions you may have.

Q. What is a FERPA Release?
A. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 as amended is a federal law that affords parents the right to have access to their children's education records, the right to seek to have the records amended, and the right to have some control over the disclosure of personally identifiable information from the education records.  This Act gives students upon reaching age 18 or attending post-secondary institutions the right to inspect and review their own education records.  Institutions may not disclose information about students nor permit inspection of their records without their permission unless such action is covered by certain exceptions as stipulated in the Act.   

The Consent to Release form MUST be completed on WebAdvisor to authorize any persons who may be contacting the Student Accounts Office concerning student account activity.  Please check "Yes" next to "Student Accounts" to give us permission to speak with your family member or representatives. 

For detailed information about FERPA rights and procedures, refer to the FERPA information listed on our FERPA webpage or contact the Registrar or Registration Office or the Office of the Dean of Students.

Q. How do I get my Parking Permit and Billed to My Student Account?
A. New parking permit applications are now completed online at Campus Safety. We highly encourage you to complete this before the school year starts. An email will be sent to all students notifying when CPS Officers will start issuing No Permit citations.  It is the student’s responsibility to comply before that date. Permits are not processed during the weekend or holidays, so please plan accordingly.  For students needing replacement permits (due to vehicle being sold, wrecked, etc.) you must come to CPS to receive a replacement permit to avoid being double billed.

Q. What do I do about a Parking Citation on my Billing Statement?
A. Linfield University Public Safety issues parking citations to educate drivers on parking safety. Please remember to keep fire lanes open so emergency vehicles have access. Only park in disabled parking spots with state issued disabled placards. The 10/15-minute parking spaces and Visitor spaces are strictly enforced, as well as the ADA spaces.  Visitor spaces are not for Linfield community members, including those that live off campus.  CPS will also issue citations to vehicles in violation of Linfield's Parking Regulations. You can appeal your citation with the CPS Office.