Inside Linfield - For Faculty and Advisors

Faculty and Advisor Resources

Learn how to set up distance advising appointments using your Zoom account!

Academic Advising on Linfield's McMinnville campus is dedicated to supporting the development of faculty advisors' advising practice. Faculty are encouraged to contact Academic Advising by visiting us in Melrose 010, calling x2250, or emailing any staff member for help. 

A variety of useful resources are available on the current students advising page as well, including information about declaring a major, how to preparing for advising appointments, academic alerts, and more.

Featured Resource: Transfer Student Advising Info

Transfer Student Advising Overview

Transfer Advisors and other faculty contacts

Transfer Credit Overview

Transfer Course Equivalency Database

How-To Guide for Reading a Transfer Equivalency Report (TRER) and Academic Program Evaluation

Reading and Interpreting a Transfer Equivalency Report (video)

Identify Transfer Courses in a Student's Academic Program Evaluation 

A course that is transferable appears* on the student's academic program evaluation on WebAdvisor. What is displayed for each transfer course depends on how that course transferred to Linfield:

  1. The transfer course is equivalent to a Linfield course. The course appears on the program evaluation as the Linfield course name and is marked *TE.
  2. The transfer course is not equivalent to an existing Linfield course, but is transferable. The course appears as either "discipline*course levelTR" or, if applicable, "discipline*course level LC abbreviation".  For example, a 100-level non-LC Geography course would appear as TRAN*1TR; a 100-level Biology course with an NW equivalency would appear as BIOL*1NW.
  3. The course is still under review. The course appears with a question mark (for example: ENGL*1TR?) and an explanatory note beneath the transfer course title.

*A course that is not transferable will not appear on the program evaluation or the TRER. Examples of non-transferable coursework include, but aren't limited to, courses graded lower than a C and academic courses below the 100 level.

Consult the Student's Transfer Equivalency Report (TRER)

The student's Transfer Equivalency Report (TRER) provides detailed information about how a course was offered at the student's previous institution, and how that course transferred to Linfield. A course that was not transferable will not appear on the TRER. TRERs are not available in WebAdvisor. For more information about a student's TRER or transcripts, contact the Office of the Registrar